and I promise you will never have leftovers.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 packet 8-10 ounces spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup Italian Tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 pounds chicken mince you can use any lean meat e.g. lamb, mutton, beef
- 2 slices white soft bread crusts removed
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Parmesan Cheese grated (optional)
- Basil Leaves
To Make Spaghetti Sauce
First make spaghetti sauce in a large pot.
Sauté garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
Add tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings (except basil).
Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered while you make the meatballs. Lower the heat if it splatters but keep it bubbling.
To make the meatballs
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken mince, garlic, bread slices, Parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, basil and a splash of milk.
Mix together well with hands.
Roll into 16 ( around 2-inch) balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
Gently add meatballs to pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times during the simmer.
To Make Spaghetti
While meatballs cooked, put on water for spaghetti and cook per package directions.
Just before serving, add basil to the sauce.
Drain spaghetti and stir in some of the sauce.
Sprinkle with extra Parmesan (if like).
Top with meatballs and basil leaves.
Delicious Spaghetti Meatballs are ready to serve. ENJOY!!