For the Meatballs
- 1 pound high-quality lamb mince
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon Mozarella Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter or oil
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato thick puree
- 1 red pepper crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
Prepare the meatballs: Put all ingredients into a food processor or chopper.
Process until well combined.
Note; Texture should be soft, but not sopping wet. If it’s not soft enough, add 1 tablespoon of milk.
Now take it out in a mixing bowl.
Shape into egg size balls by pushing them into the shape softly in your hands.
Place meatballs on a baking tray and brush with melted butter or olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until they are just barely cooked through and no longer pink inside. (To keep them tender, do not overbake).
Remove and reserve.
To Make the Sauce
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the garlic and onion, and sprinkle the salt over them to bring out their flavor.
Add red pepper. Cook and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
Now add the tomato puree.
Bring to a boil.
Add parsley and reduce the heat to medium-low.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until nicely blended.
Now carefully add the baked meatballs to the pan.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until they are soaked in sauce.