Also known as ‘Kakdi Chi Kochimbri’. A cooling cucumber salad with the crunch of peanuts. This recipe was shared by Tara Deshpande in the gourmet session at The Imperial, New Delhi. The recipe is a part of her book “A Sense for Spice”.
Ingredients Of Cucumber And Peanut Salad
- 1 kg long cucumbers
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed
- 1 lime, juiced
- For the tempering:
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 1/4 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder (heeng)
- 3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
How to Make Cucumber and Peanut salad
- 1.Peel the cucumbers and quarter them lengthwise. Scrape off any large seeds. Dice the cucumbers, place in a colander(sieve) over a bowl and refrigerate.
- 2.When they are cool, discard any water collected. Mix the coconut and sugar in a bowl and toss the cucumbers in it.
- 3.Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and add the mustard seeds, asafoetida powder, green chillies when it is hot. When the spices splutter, cool and pour onto the cucumbers. Toss well.
- 4.Add the lime juice, peanuts, salt and toss. Serve immediately.