You just cannot resist a tray of these, buttery, confectioners’ sugar-dusted, jam-packed cookies on your festival table. Make this Christmas merrier with these delicious and easy Linzer cookies.
Ingredients Of Linzer Cookies
- 335 Gram Softened butter
- 235 Gram Breakfast sugar
- 112 Gram Cashew nut powder
- 56 Gram Almond powder
- 2 Whole eggs
- 40 Gram Flour
- 7 Gram Cinnamon powder
- 7 Gram Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 jar Raspberry jam
- To dust Icing sugar
How to Make Linzer Cookies
- 1.Whisk together flour, baking power, salt, cinnamon, almond powder and cashew nut powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2.Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy for about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at time.
- 3.Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 4.Shape the dough into a disk, wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5.When ready to bake just allow the disks to warm up on the counter until they are still firm but not soft.
- 6.Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- 7.On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to 4 mm thickness. Cut out using 3 inch cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Using a 1 inch cookie cutter cut out the centers of half of the rounds, re-rolling the scraps and refrigerate.
- 8.Bake the bottoms and the tops (the ones with the holes) on separate cookie sheets.
- 9.Bake, one sheet at a time, rotating the cookie sheet half way through, until the edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes.
- 10.Cool slightly on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 11.When the tops have partially cool, dust them generously with powdered sugar.
- 12.Spread about ¾ teaspoon of preserves on each cookie without holes. Place a powdered top on each bottom and press gently to stick them together.