Karahi Butter Chicken (Makhni Karahi)
This creamy and velvety Karahi Butter will melt in your mouth. So Delicious!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2-1/2 lb skinless chicken cut in small pieces
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 medium size tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoon grated gignger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup garlic water grind 1 garlic blub with 1 cup of water
- 5 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 4 tablespoon ground cashews optional
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds roasted & crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds roasted & crushed
- 2 teaspoon salt or according to taste
- 2 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves optional
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black peppers
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- few green chilies
- lemon slices
Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a deep wok(karahi) over medium heat.
Add onions and cook until the onions are translucent and soft but have not started to brown.
Add grated ginger and cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken start to change color.
Now add tomato, lemon juice and garlic water.
Add roasted coriander, cumin, salt and red chilli powder while stirring.
Keep it covered for 10-15 minutes or until all water dries up.
Remove the lid. Increase the flame.
Add yogurt and cook it on a higher flame for 5 minutes.
Add grounded cashews, fenugreek leaves, green chilies, and black pepper.
Cook and stir well.
Add fresh cream and cook until sauce is thickened and oil comes on top.
Now add fresh coriander and ginger slices.
Sprinkle garam masala over it.
Add a knob of butter and stir well.
Delicious Karahi Butter Chicken (Makhni Karahi) is ready to serve. Enjoy! YUM YUM!!