Cottage cheese (paneer) pieces cooked in thick zingy gravy retaining the aroma of varied spices.
Ingredients Of Kadai Paneer
- 2 cups cubed (500 gm) paneer (cottage cheese) – deep fried to a light brown
- 3-4 green chillies-slit a little
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves – for garnish
How to Make Kadai Paneer
1.Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves.
2.When the seeds begin to splutter, add the ginger paste. Saute till a light brown.
3.Add the curd, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till the fat separates.
4.Add the paneer and the green chillies and saute over high heat till the paneer is well mixed with the masalas.
5.Serve the kadhai paneer hot, garnished with the coriander leaves.