- 3 cups boiled chickpeas
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 whole green chilies
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoon fried onion
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt according to taste
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Orange Food color
Boil rice with salt and vinegar till 2/3 is done.
Drain water and keep aside.
Heat oil in a large pot or skillet over medium heat.
Fry onion when brown add ginger garlic paste.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, green chilis whole, salt chili powder, chili flakes, cumin seeds, yogurt and boiled chickpeas.
Cook and simmer for 5 minutes till oil separates and water dries.
Now take a large pot, layer half of boiled rice then layer all chickpea masala and top with other layer of rice.
Pour lemon juice, milk and few drops of food colour on top and put on dum for 15 minutes.
Lastly garnish with fried onion, green chiliess and green coriander and close lid. Turn off stove after 5 minutes.
Dish it out. Delicious Chana Biryani is ready to serve. ENjoy!!
- Serve with raita.