- 2 pounds sole fillets or other firm, white fish, skinless and boneless
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon mix dried herb seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- garlic mayo
- tomato garlic sauce.
Cut the fish into rough chunks and place in a food processor.
Blitz in a few pulses, just until it’s broken down into approximately 0.5-1cm pieces – take care not to over-process.
Add cornflour, green onions, ginger fresh basil, coriander, parsley, dill, egg and mix until well combined.
Season with red pepper, black pepper, salt and herb seasoning.
Split the mix into 16 equal portions, and gently flatten a little.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Fry the fish cakes in batches for about 1-2 minutes each side, until lightly golden.
Delicious full-of-herbs fish Cakes are ready to serve.